Monday, November 26, 2012

DIY skinnies: use your imagination

As I said in another post. I recently did a little DIY project. I bought some pants online on clearance, didn't like (they were way to big and had drawstring bottoms I didn't know about), and couldn't return them. So I tried out this tutorial to make some skinny pants out of this pair of lemons:

Okay not these exactly. But I swear they were that baggy and had drawstrings on the bottoms.


Into these:

Ignore the classy look.


Not bad, not bad. There is a pair of brown boots on the way from Target that will look really good with them, I hope. 

6 comments:

  1. hmmm. . . very nice and they do look fairly easy to make. I do not think I look good in that type of pant (I already have monster hips, no need to draw more attention there!) but you look good!

    And on a side note: I am DROOLING over your house. Great color choices, beautiful woodwork (that I can see). I realize you have NO REAL REASON to put up pictures of it, but if you did I would enjoy the "virtual tour." (Or you could just have me over to visit some time - nothing like inviting myself - too bad we live quite a ways.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, you guys are always welcome out here, seriously.
      And lest you continue drooling, the green room (our living room) is the one visible room that we have changed since moving in. Everything else looks the same as when Joel's parents lived here- minus the furniture and cute antiques. In the background you can see a plaid couch, covered with a green slip cover (which is eternally not on right) and some great paneled walls.
      Thanks for the comment!!

      Delete
  2. Wow that's impressive. Can u make me some? I've looking into jumping on the bandwagon and getting some boots too. You look great in them! (The pants)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erika, yes boots are the only shoes I will wear with these, everything else makes me feel like an umpaloompah. They were not hard, at all, to alter.

      Delete